Monday, October 27, 2008

Review: Corso: The Last Beat



As a follow to yesterday's posting about the new Corso: The Last Beat documentary by
Gustave Reininger, here is a link to a solid review by Ron Silliman of an early cut of the film:


And a classic piece from the man himself:


The Mad Yak



I am watching them churn the last milk they'll ever get from me.
They are waiting for me to die;
They want to make buttons out of my bones.
Where are my sisters and brothers?
That tall monk there, loading my uncle, he has a new cap.
And that idiot student of his--
I never saw that muffler before.
Poor uncle, he lets them load him.
How sad he is, how tired!
I wonder what they'll do with his bones?
And that beautiful tail!
How many shoelaces will they make of that!

Gregory Corso



best,
Don

2 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Definitely some black humor there.

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Charles, indeed ... I'm intrigued by both the trailer and Ron Silliman's review.

Don