Sunday, February 23, 2014

Song to the Siren: Issa's Sunday Service, #185


This week's selection is Tim Buckley's Song to the Siren, with its feet firmly embedded in the stuff of mythology (& Homer's Odyssey) and its head in the lyrical clouds. There is no groovshark app today, just the youtube video.

So it goes with technology. Enjoy - lyrics follow.
 

The Siren Song - Tim Buckley
Long afloat on shipless oceans
I did all my best to smile
'Til your singing eyes and fingers
Drew me loving to your isle
And you sang
Sail to me, sail to me
Let me enfold you
Here I am, here I am
Waiting to hold you
Did I dream you dreamed about me ?
Were you hare when I was fox ?
Now my foolish boat is leaning
Broken lovelorn on your rocks
For you sing
'Touch me not, touch me not
Come back tomorrow
Oh my heart, oh my heart
Shies from the sorrow'
I am puzzled as the oyster
I am troubled as the tide
Should I stand amid your breakers ?
Or should I lie with death my bride ?
Hear me sing
'Swim to me, swim to me
Let me enfold you
Here I am, here I am
Waiting to hold you.
------------------




are you the harvest moon's
representative?
white rabbit
Issa
translated by David G. Lanoue



best,
Don
 Send one haiku for the Wednesday Haiku feature. Here's how.

  Go to the LitRock web site for a list of all 185 songs

No comments: