Friday, April 2, 2010

Ed Baker: Working the Full Moon


Click image to enlarge

One of the four forthcoming issues of Lilliput Review I mentioned in my recent "speed bump" post is going to feature the work of one of my favorite poets of the short form, Ed Baker. Ed is a staple around here, in both the poetry and comments department, sending along lots of pertinent and tangentially pertinent information, making sure that I get back on track when I veer off and that I veer off when I'm too grooved.

While I'm on "sabbatical" from the blog, I thought this delightful piece of serious whimsy might be just the thing, a little taste of lots of forthcoming goodness. Enjoy.

Lots more by Ed may be found on his webpage, Bare Bones Bonze. Be sure to keep paging down; there are lots of things to see.




full
moon
belongs
to
no one

nonetheless
Ed Baker, Lilliput Review #165








just
another
new moon

flawlessly
abiding
Ed Baker, Lilliput Review #163








full moon
half moon

I
just don’t know
Ed Baker, Lilliput Review #153






And one from the master's master:








hazy moon in the pine--
passing through
passing through
Issa
translated by David G. Lanoue



best,
Don

3 comments:

Greg said...

nice ones by Ed, as always. (especially "full moon/half moon")

looking forward to a whole issue of just his stuff!


half moon...
my wife tells me to wear
a belt

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Nice one, yourself, Greg. Thanks. I'm working on the second of 4 issues that will be coming out right now ... Ed's being one of them.

ed markowski said...

Ed Baker, your work
is splendid!

A few poems as a gift from

Ed Markowski

orchard

twilight

apples

hatch

fire

flies



New Year's Day

Bob Dylan's Voice Flutters

Down 5th Street


Hitchhiking

A Bumblebee stops for

Every Flower