Thursday, November 15, 2007

"Beneath Cherry Blossoms" disappears

Just back from vacation to discover that the entire Lilliput blog, "Beneath Cherry Blossoms," has disappeared. Thanks, Tripod; six months of postings, with lots of poetry samples, down the tubes. It is the little things in life. I don't really know where to start after this. 8 glorious days in London? An absolutely wonderful vacation of bookstores, museums, pubs and did I mention bookstores? Yes, glorious indeed, despite the horrid rate of exchange on the dollar.

Well, this new blog, "Issa's Untidy Hut," and it will be a bit of an experiment since I don't know where it'll be going from here. I'm going to go ahead and post some work from Lilliput Review #129, as part of the continuing tour through back issues of Lillie. Here's some samplings ....


Like a blind dog
I turn my nose
to the wind
and truth
enters me.

- Albert Huffstickler


Well, it seems formatting may be an issue with "Blogger" - let's try another (by the way, I think a dedication to of "Like a blind dog ..." to Tripod seems appropriate ...)


after
all
it's
only
one
wave
- Ed Baker


And, lastly, this little number, which goes out to the memory of all those lost postings from the defunct Beneath Cherry Blossoms:


Mirrorspeak
I'm off Buddha's eight-fold path
No Gods speak to me. Past a blur.
Future
bone
black -
ashes in mountain air.
- Dave Church


My apologies to all, including the above poets excerpted to a nefarious purpose.

Hopefully, more soon.

- Don