Sunday, August 24, 2014

William Stafford and the Body Language of the Tribe: Poem for a Sunday Afternoon



Purifying The Language of the Tribe
Walking away means
"Goodbye."
Pointing a knife at your stomach means
“Please don’t say that again.”

Leaning toward you means
“I love you.” 

Raising a finger means
“I enthusiastically agree.”

“Maybe” means
“No.”

“Yes” means
“Maybe.”

Looking like this at you means
“You had your chance.”
                                                        ~ William Stafford

 Back to the picture, above. (Psst: Facebook users, note stanza 5)

------------------------

And simply because I haven't had the time and I've been missing the Sunday Service, here's one to keep me honest (The Bar Kays!):





writing with a finger
in the clear blue sky...
"autumn dusk"
Issa
translated by David G. Lanoue



best,
Don

PS  Click to learn how to contribute to Wednesday Haiku
 

No comments: