Saturday, November 22, 2008

Issa for the Twitter Generation



Folks are thinking up lots of ways to use the new technologies to serve classic content. The latest is David S. Lanoue's world famous Issa Archive for folks Twitter addicted (and perhaps poetry deficient).

Old school as I am, I get my daily dose of David's Issa via email. Now you can get that same daily dose while immersed in daily doses of, well, a million other things. Here's a look at the Twitter version.

Calls to mind the thousand petaled lotus or a field full of morning glories.

Here's a little Issa the old fashioned way:


****************************************


voice of the bell--
the morning-glories are the first
to stir
Issa
translated by David S. Lanoue



****************************************


best,
Don

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I still don't quite get twitter.

Ed Baker said...

Cherry Blossom
suddenly
all a-twitter


(I jus' cldn't re:sist....

Poet Hound said...

Ah, morning glories, how I do miss them! Someday I will have a garden full of them. Happy Early Thanksigiving, Don!

Issa's Untidy Hut said...

Charles, I'm still trying to figure it out myself ...

Ed, you great little poem, plus the haiga you sent is also lovely ...

PH, the morning glory is my favorite, hands down ...

best,
Don

Anonymous said...

Twitter is...what you make of it, like most shiny new technologies.

Tweeting Issa is the most joyful use of it I've seen thus far...